Thursday, August 4, 2011

YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!

I am in love with my new creation! 
So as it turns out the woman I gave the card I made for the previous post was so impressed that I was asked to make a card for an upcoming wedding she was asked to attend. 
(I must credit Janine Tinkleburg for the template for this bride card)

And I must say I'm really impressed with the way it turned out! I told her I'd make a few for her to choose from, but after this effort I don't know if I can make one better! It's quite stunning in real life.
I'm really into wedding stuff at the moment, it's quite easy to get sucked into all the pretties...though I don't need to tell you that if you're a stamper/paper crafter lol

So I loosely followed Jan's sketch. I cut a 8x6cm blush blossom piece for the arms, placed a punched heart in the top centre as a guide and sketched and cut off the corners of the blossom piece, inner arms and shoulders. Used the elegant lines EF on vellum c/s and heart punched and adhered to shimmer heart. 

The bouquet is a 1-3/8" circle punch topped with bitty punches  and basic pearls on shimmer c/s.

The skirt was cut freehand. Use the width of the circle as a guide and depending on the length of the card you could make it almost as long as you want. It too was embossed with vellum c/s and layered on shimmer c/s.

Mounted on shimmer. Something subtle, but makes the dress stand out more under light without taking away from it.

You could even use it as a bridal shower card.






2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SO CLEVER YVONNE. ITS GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely stunning Yvonne! If I was a bride, I'd love to receive this card

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...