Thursday, February 4, 2010

Aloha 2010 Calendar

(Do the Hula, Calendar, Canvas - Stampin Up)
I've used this design to make lots of masculine card with this set, and I love it so much I could easily admire my work every day of the year!
I made it so that the months easily tear off by using SU preforating tool which leaves a broken line cut above the top of the calendar months which are then stapled together and is hidden under the scored and folded SU kraft cardstock. And yes I hand wrote the days and dates; best to have another calendar on hand to copy correct day placements, particuarly when your watching the season return of Grey's Anatomy!
The background was stamped on Very Vanilla with the Canvas background stamp. The flowers were rock n rolled, and the leaves were darkened on the ends by tapping the inkpad on both sides. I have inked my stamps using distress ink and spritzed with water before stamping for a more blended/watercolour look, but you could easily do this with your regular SU inkpad.
The main image is stamped in staz-on and watercoloured using markers and an aqua painter. The flowers on the hula girl and on the tips if the flower have kindy glitz, and using a crop-a-dile I added the SU jumbo eyelet to the top.
The sun is easy to create by using a negative circle, and sponge inside. Mask off the trees and moving around a post it note as you sponge along the edge.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...